5.8HA / 14.3 acres
Read about Giselle’s Folly here.
Read about the Orange Grove here.
Read about the Bottom Paddock here.
Read about the Strip Paddock here.
Residents on site:
At KRAGBOLS house: Deborah and Stephen.
CEDARS House Floor Plan:
Fruit trees on site:
- Lemons x 3 (1 Lisbon, 2 Meyer)
- Navel oranges x 30
- Blood Orange x 1
- Tangerine x 2
- Tangelo x 1 (I think — it has the little bump thing)
- Grapefruit x 1: Planted on CEDARS side of Upper Meadow in July 2016.
- Pomelo x 1
- Mandarins x 3 (are some tangerines?)
- Lime x 2: Original lime (Bearss?) has quite a bit of citrus borer. GP says it will probably survive though. Succession lime (Tahitian) was planted north side of Top Paddock shelter belt in September 2016.
Kaffir Lime x 1: Planted near chicken run August 2016. And subsequently destroyed in July 2017 by a falling shelter belt tree.
- Figs x 2: The third fig, which was planted right next to the deck about 3 feet from CEDARS house, was removed by DFM in August 2016, and re-removed after it grew back by SB and RWC.
- Pears x 2
- Apples x 3: The older one by the orange grove looks in very poor condition. HB says ditch it and start again; most recent planted July 2016 on east side of chicken run is a Captain Kidd.
- Plums x 2: The ‘Louisa’ is young and in good condition, ‘Whomping Plum’ is looking very sad.
- Guavas yellow x 2
- Guava red x 1
- Olive x 1
- Feijoas x 9
- Pomegranate x 1 (not yet old enough to fruit, but identified by CRW)
- Banana palm x 1 (ex- Uncle F, Riddell Rd Banana Republic)
- Loquat x 2
- Macadamias x 2 (both chain-sawed to the ground by B-Ps, but starting to make a come-back)
Tamarillo x 1 (yellow variety, was hit hard by frost in the 2015 winter)RIP 2016.
- Kumquat x 1
- Persimmon x 1: Being crowded out by the shelter belt in the chicken run, but freed by CB in August 2016 from the Totara seedlings that were also encroaching on it.
- Cherimoya x 1 (between old bean fence and the Bottom Paddock fence, near fig tree)
Other random fruiting plants:
- Grapevines x 2
- Passionfruit vine x 1
- Blueberry x 1
- Boysenberry x 1